- Finding New Ways to be Charitable Every Day (11/22/2014)
We are all short on time, especially during the busy Holiday Season. And many of us rely on online shopping as way to save a few extra minutes each day. But sometimes all that extra packaging can be a drag – filling up your recycling bin or worse going into the trash. That is why we jumped at the chance to partner with GiveBackBox.com. Now all those empty boxed can be used for something good!
We are so excited to introduce our new, recyclable boxes for online orders that are printed with Give Back Box instructions. Here’s how it works in four easy steps:
Step 1. Shop for Vaska products at major online retailers.
Step 2. Download a pre-paid shipping label at givebackbox.com.
Step 3. Fill the box with anything you would like to donate.
Step 4. Seal box, affix the shipping label, and mail the full box to charities.
It is that easy! We are known for out-performing the leading laundry products without leaving behind pollutants, chemical residue, irritants, or toxins. As we like to say—nothing left behind but clean, soft clothes—something like the motto of Give Back Box—”no box left behind.” So spread the word and help everyone you know find new ways to be charitable every day.
- A Safer Alternative to Pods and Packs (11/20/2014)
Family is everything and you may have seen a lot of coverage in the press lately about the dangers of laundry pods. With the average of 1 child per day being hospitalized from swallowing, inhaling or being exposed to chemicals in laundry pods, we wanted to weigh in. Vaska’s laundry tablets offer families a safer solution and were designed specifically with busy families in mind.
Laundry pods and tablets are efficient – no measuring, no mess. However, traditional brands are making pods that are colorful, squishy, and candy-like, which curious little children find appealing. As stated in a recent fox news article, new research conducted by researchers at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, found that from 2012 through 2013, U.S. poison control centers received reports of 17,230 children younger than age 6 swallowing, inhaling or being exposed to chemicals in laundry detergent pods. Nearly two-thirds of the cases involved 1 and 2 year olds. A total of 769 young children had to be hospitalized, an average of one per day.
Vaska One’s proprietary tablets are made without the plastic shrink-wrap, which includes solvents that could be contributing to side effects like sleepiness, central nervous system depression, and coma. Vaska’s laundry detergent tablets are able to be broken to accommodate your laundry load – which keeps you from wasting a whole tablet on a partial load of laundry! The tablets do not contain any coloring and do not look like candy, and as an extra safety precaution, the packaging is not see-though so that children are not tempted to open.
Vaska’s liquid and tablets are made from safe, natural ingredients including herbs and the essential cleaning agents you need in order to effectively and safely remove dirt, stains, and odor from fabrics. The tablets are available in Scent-free, Lavender, and a super gentle Baby tablet. To learn more, visit our products page or send us an email – we are always here to answer your questions!
- What We Learned from Martha Stewart (11/11/2014)Having just returned from the Martha Stewart American Made summit in NYC, we are inspired, energized, our minds spinning from all the amazing speakers, companies, and entrepreneurs we were exposed to at the event. American Made spotlights the maker, supports the local, and celebrates the handmade. The program is made up of people and communities that have turned their passion for quality craftsmanship and well-designed goods into a way of life.Spending the day learning from experts in branding such as the CEO of Alex and Ani and the Chief Brand & Marketing Officer of Chobani, as well as creative entrepreneurs like filmmaker Jason Pollock and Ellen Bennett from Hedley & Bennett (awesome aprons!), plus many other experts, we have some lessons that we want to share that applies to business and life.
- Don’t be afraid of failure – sometimes the best opportunities arise from being on the brink of failure. Remove fear from the equation when you are making decisions.
- Make mindful, meaningful decisions. The outcomes of t hese choices can affect your community, the economy, and the environment. Creative entrepreneurs are defining a new American economy; people are choosing Main Street over mini-malls – supporting the local and the handmade. We believe in living a life surrounded by well-crafted, meaningful quality goods. Less is more, right?
- Find your community. Whatever your goals, surround yourself with like-minded individuals that believe in you (and your product) as no one can do it alone. There are lots of resources and individuals willing to help, you just need to ask. Collaborative in the new competition.
Crafting during a break
A wonderful breakfast – just a taste of the amazing food served at the summit.
- Tips for Refreshing Your Guest Room and Giveaway! (11/6/2014)The holidays are the time of year when many of us have houseguests. Creating a cozy guest room is a great way to make your visitors feel welcomed and appreciated. A comfortable guest room also gives your guests a sanctuary during this hectic time of the year. We all need some alone time, right?
Here are 5 simple tips to make your guests feel extra special:
- Make space. Clean out closet space for them and provide hangers. Allowing them to hang their holiday clothes will most definitely be appreciated. Also, giving them a couple drawers in a dresser will allow them to unpack and store their suitcase out of the way.
- A tray on the dresser will give your guests a place to put their jewelry, other small items, and make-up. If you have them handy, add basic travel toiletries and cotton balls. Fresh flowers never hurt either!
- Leaving a basket with water, magazines and gourmet snacks such as nuts and chocolates is a nice touch. If they are unfamiliar with the area, literature about local restaurants, shopping and places to visit allow your visitors to be independent.
- Fresh bedding is the perfect touch to refresh your guest room. Wash your bed linens a few days before your guests arrive. We suggest our lavender scented laundry detergent tablets for a light welcoming scent. According to research, lavender eases anxiety and insomnia – much needed during the holidays! With holiday guests arriving, it may be time to purchase new sheets for the guest room, Coyuchi organic sheets are ultra luxurious and will make your visitors feel like they are staying at a 5 star resort.
- Leaving fluffy, soft towels in the room save your houseguests from searching around them. Be sure to make it easy for guest to identify their towel by using complimentary towel colors. Coyuchi’s pure organic towels are designed to dry quickly on the towel bar, clothesline, and in the dryer – saving you time, money, and energy.
Vaska and Coyuchi want to help you get ready for holiday visitors with a Refresh for Guests Giveaway! The perfect partners to help you enhance your surroundings by respecting our environment, Coyuchi provides beautiful items for your home to comfort and rejuvenate and Vaska will ensure your linens and towels will stay fresh and like new by protecting your fabrics naturally with their environmentally safe laundry detergent.
4 lucky winners will receive a $150 Coyuchi gift certificate and a $100 in Vaska laundry products. The winners will be selected randomly on November 20th.